Subject: [Leica] A week in Rome with a a Monochrom
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:36:27 -0600

==On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Charbonneau Pierre <
charbonneaup at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have received my Monochrom few days before my departure to Rome. The
> trip was most pleasant. The M9 was left at home and the Elmar-M 50mm was
> the most used lens, along the 35mm Summicron.
>
> Here are the pictures:
>
> http://www.charbonneauphoto.com/clients/unesemainearome/index.html
>

> Pierre

Pierre, as the others have said, these are very very good indeed.  You see
things well.

I am curious about 2 things:

--I took a quick look at your website and I saw all color.  Why did you you
decide to shoot b&w?  Do you have a history of shooting b&w?

--Your images (viewed on two different monitors) have very good contrast
with nice blacks, better than some other Monochrom images I have seen.
 What post-processing work flow are you using?  Do you find the images from
this camera are a bit flat without some more work?

Thanks,

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] A week in Rome with a a Monochrom)