Subject: [Leica] OT: Smartphone apps...
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:32:09 -0500

Hi Richard,

Since you asked. :)

On Jan 4, 2013, at 18:30, Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com> wrote:

> Is there an iOS or Android app that currently does not exist that you wish
> it does? Photo or non-photo related.

I really would like to have an photo apps that allows me to do very basic
editing and, more importantly, ranking of my photos when I travel light
without a laptop. The key to the ranking is that the associated metadata
needs to be portable to Aperture or LR (or iPhoto). When the photos are
uploaded to a real computer, the ranking data and edits must be preserved.

The purpose of this application is to avoid the monumental task of sorting
many, many images at the end of a trip.

iPhoto on iOS allows one to select favourites but that doesn't get
propagated to any other application properly as far as I can tell. I have no
idea how big of a market this kind of application represents. I might be the
only one interested on this planet. :)

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from justin at sprawl.com.au (Justin Viiret) ([Leica] OT: Smartphone apps...)