Subject: [Leica] Cataracts. . .
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:39:53 -0600

Tina and others....

This past spring I had my eyes evaluated as I was having problems with night
vision and a few other issues.  Turned out both eyes needed Cataract
removed.  In addition the lenses in my eyes had hardened and yellowed.  That
was causing me to evaluate color incorrectly.     The Doctor did each eye,
one month apart.  Remove the cataract and lenses.  Implanted a new lens.
Gave me almost 20/20 vision without color issues.  I still need glasses for
near vision, reading and such.   One day of an eye patch.   Then a few weeks
of careful things like sun glasses and such.

I highly recommend this for anyone with these issues.  The ability of
current medicine is fantastic.  Lasers have made the surgery much more
accurate, painless and very precise.   Very little to fear.  They will give
you a bunch of things that can go wrong or cause issues.   The percentages
are very low on all of them.

I wish there was a way to pass on to them my positive feelings.   I'm sure
understanding the process is not easy.

Fred Holzapfel
Mpls, MN

Great picture Tina, but I can assure you that the thought of having
cataracts removed frightens me so I would not be smiling either!

Good luck when/if you get back there, but please don't just take the MM but
also something that shoots in colour.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or