Subject: [Leica] Chicken Air
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:42:47 -0800

Happy Jan 1st Luggers!
My family likes to take the float plane between Vancouver and Pender Island
- it saves about 3 hours in travel time and is a spectacular 20 minute
flight when the weather is good.
Esther and son Russell came back on the plane just before Christmas and I
went to Port Washington to meet them.
As the plane was landing a cormorant rose from the water to meet it and for
a breath holding moment it looked like the bird might strike the plane's
propellor.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/Chickenw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/b7xrn8n

Have a look large please. From the pilots on the list I am interested in
knowing what would have happened if the bird had not gained sufficient
altitude.

C&C always welcome

Howard (on quiet Pender now that everyone is gone)

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Chicken Air)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Chicken Air)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Chicken Air)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Chicken Air)