Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Week of December 30: Lights at the Botanical Gardens
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:15:11 -0500

This week we were able to find a time slot to enter the Atlanta Botanical
Gardens "Festival of Light" or an opportunity to profit handsomely.  For
the second year the garden wraps itself in lights and sells admission for
the winter holiday season.  It is lovely and well worth seeing.  For
context this is a distant shot looking from the entrance to the city beyond:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/December+30/Context.jpg.html

Some of my snarky attitude comes from the attendees who would frequently
pay more attention to the image on their Iphone instead of the to the
lights:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/December+30/Lights_.jpg.html

It also seems that we can not enjoy the beauty of something without
anamorphing it with human figures:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/December+30/Fairy+of+the+Lights.jpg.html

Okay, last snarky comment:  you are in an incredibly beautiful crafted
environment and you have to make S'Mores?  Really?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/PAW2012A/December+30/S_Mores.jpg.html

If you are in Atlanta during the late December to the early January period
the gardens are quite lovely, do stop by.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Don's PAW Week of December 30: Lights at the Botanical Gardens)