Subject: [Leica] Gun Control
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 18:23:32 -0500

Yup, the USA seems permanently traumatized by King George III's rule over
your ancestors, by the fact that the aboriginal peoples fought the takeover
of their homeland and that the violence of Afro-American slavery has
probably resulted in eternal bad karma.

So we outside the USA do understand this "right to bear arms" against the
threat of tyranny and all those ghostly fears. We understand the hatred of
your own governments and of your fellow citizens too.

On paper, yours is the greatest nation on Earth.

But at the same time, we also find it ludicrous that the residents of the
most powerful nation ever should live gripped by such imaginary menaces and
as a result feel the need to be armed. I am sure that most of us share the
view that this mania is high among your nation's most severe shortcomings.

Nearly all of my friends in the USA own guns. Not a single one of my
Canadian friends nor my friends in Europe or Asia owns a gun.

One of my work colleagues is a retired veteran of the Canadian Forces. He
was a sniper-hunting commando in a well-known overseas conflict. My own
brother was also an infantryman trained in M16 usage. Neither owns a gun
today. And you can be sure they know their way around a gun.

Here, our most treasured collective and national right is: free health care
for all. That's something worth fighting for. Not this insanity about gun
ownership rights.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Gun Control)