Subject: [Leica] Finally, I solved the mysterious Epson postcard print feed problem!
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 18:26:24 +0900

A couple of years ago, I posted about a problem with my Epson R2200
not feeding postcard and similar small sized papers. All other sizes
up to A3+ were fine. Colours were fine, only this odd problem. I
really felt the printer was fine, but needed this one thing fixed.
Rabs suggested I buy a new printer. I didn't do that right away,
knowing there was just some piece of knowledge I needed but couldn't
find. Eventually, this year, I bought an R2880 and gave the R2200 to a
friend, who loves it, as I did. But then even my R2880 had the same
problem feeding small size papers. Just as I suspected all along, it
must be some piece of knowledge I was missing.

Recently my wife wanted to print Christmas and New Year cards, so I
installed the Japanese driver on her PC for her to use the R2880. On
reading all the packaging that came in Japanese (my reading ability is
only basic), she immediately learned that the thick piece of card that
comes at the back of every pack of small photo papers must be inserted
behind the papers placed in the printer, or they will likely not load.
I wish I knew that a couple of years ago!

Better late than never,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Finally, I solved the mysterious Epson postcard print feed problem!)