Subject: [Leica] Colorado - Durango to Silverton RR
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 14:48:47 -0800

Message: 17
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 08:49:56 -0800
From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8 at hotmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>,       "Leica Reflex"

When we were in Colorado in late September we splurged and took the narrow
gauge RR from Durango to Silverton.  I enjoyed it, but my wife and her dad
didn't.  Partly due to the weather. We were told the day before to dress for
the morning temperature and then be prepared to peal off layers as it would
be warmer and sunny in Silverton. Well, we dressed for the weather when we
got up, but on the way it got colder and began to rain pretty good. I am
always warm so it did not bother me, but they were a bit uncomfortable,
especially two or three miles from Silverton when the wind came up and blew
the rain into the open car we were in. Got pretty soaked. We did have rain
gear, back in the campground....

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f12/co/t/Train+ride-4547.jpg.html

Comments welcome.

Aram

HI Aram,
Nice series. I have the model set in G gauge of the train you rode and
someday, when I get all the cabin chores done, I'm going to set it up in the
garden.
Thanks for posting.
Howard

Replies: Reply from billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce) ([Leica] Colorado - Durango to Silverton RR)