Subject: [Leica] IPhone 5 for Rabs
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 14:48:31 -0500

An hour ago the UPS man handed me my first smart phone an IPhone 5 I ordered
3 weeks ago. I can not text for about the first time and listen to music and
any number of other things... Make a phone call... Just like the rest of my
world. I feel like I'm re  joining the human race I think as I'm 61 its not
good to fall too far behind you get marginalized.
: to relegate to an unimportant or powerless position within a society or
group

Or as Arthur Miller said: not be a contender.
Make that Budd Schulberg .

I can now join the throngs of Morlocks on the sidewalks and the buses and
subways staring at the light in the palm of their hands as I press imaginary
buttons on a flat shiney screen.

Soon I will quit the LUG and no doubt join a "screw Leica I'm taking photos
with my cell phone" clique.
If that happens I hope someone puts me out of my misery soon.
Didn't come with a manual. I have little clue what to do now.
It will take 2 weeks to get my Panther who loves the snow operating system
so it would sync with my macbook pro in which I type now. (on a separate
real nice keyboard).
Will I type super short notes as I see being done by some Lug guys using odd
abbreviations from my iPhone to the LUG?

I hope to be be a new true believer but I know there are friends and people
I'm not working with because they could not text me. Or if they emailed me
I'd not get it till I got home at the end of the day.
So its a good thing.

And I'm reading Chekov short stories. In a real book. Which I'm not going to
try to put in the iPhone.
It charging now. Theses a brand new Verizon store at the top of my hill on
80th and Bway maybe they can give me some clues on how to get the thing
going.
I got the black one. The clerk (crew member) at the Meatpacking Apple store
told me to get a white one as it shows finger prints less.

It looks like the obelisk in the beginning of Kubrick's 2001.
I'm going to put on my Richard Strauss. And try to squeeze it in my black
iPhone. Can you make movies with it?
Maybe I should google it and find out.
Then I google how to google with it.

Sent from My RabsBook.