Subject: [Leica] It's 2012 Leica Yearbook Time--PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:39:28 -0800

Jim Shulman OFFERED:
Subject: [Leica] It's 2012 Leica Yearbook Time--Please Submit Your
Images!!!!

>>A new yearbook, our 7th, now commences. All details are here:
>>http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

Dr. ted here! :-)
For those of you who don't know? I am the most vicious whip you've ever
encountered when it comes to our yearly LUG book!   Please note that in my
first post I am politely speaking in lower case text most of the time. And
gently. THANK YOU! :-)

HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO "CHANGE VOICE AND TEXT COLOURS IN THE
PAST!":-( Oh and  some folks have been  annoyed with my yelling at them!
Hell if they weren't so stupid they'd have submitted their two photos with
time to spare and I could've stayed the quiet soft spoken old fellow I am?
;-) ;-) With a single malt in hand! ;-) Yuletide and all that you know! ;-)
;-)

NEWBIES and all the old guys like myself who's memory banks are slipping a
tad? :-) The book submission costs you nothing! ...... JUST GET 2 PHOTOS IN
ON TIME sent to Jim..... NOT THE LIST!  NOT 5 minutes to midnight dec 31!
ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what it does mean at this time of economic troubles is?  "WE!" The LUG
Crew when we purchase a copy or two of our LUG BOOK we help less fortunate
at these unfortunate economic times. Please get them in on time. Thank you,
Gracias, Merci, Danka.

TO ALL LUG MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION on this one! That ladies and
gentlemen means everyone of you regarding your photos for the 2012 book!

1/ To save any of you asking again what the book specs are and to avoid Jim
wasting time posting them  again?  RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  PRINT THEM OUT AND
KEEP THEM BESIDE YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL YOU'VE SENT YOUR PHOTOS AND OR JAN. 1,
2013 ARRIVES!

OR CREATE A FOLDER WITH THIS PAGE INSIDE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!

All details are here: http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

BACK TO:  Jim Shulman instructions:  THANK YOU.
But to summarize:

1.       Please submit images captures/taken during 2012.  Up to two per
person.

2.       You need not have used a Leica Camera or Lens to capture/take the
image.  Pick your two best from this year.

3.       Submit images to jshulman at judgecrater.com   DO NOT SEND YOUR
IMAGES TO THE LIST!

4.       Images must be at least one meg in size, .jpg format.

5.       You DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING!!!  At the end of the month,
I?ll make the yearbook publically available, as with the previous editions.

6.       Anyone can submit images.  Friends, other photographers you know,
spouses, children, pets (if they can press a capture button).

Important: I post images within 48 hours of receipt.  If you don?t hear
back from me after two days, assume that your images were not received!!!

Each yearbook has a $5 surcharge over the basic blurb.com cost, which goes
to Project H.O.M.E. in Philadelphia.  Since 2006 the LUG?s vanity project
has resulted in more than $3000 in donations to Project H.O.M.E.<<<<<<<<<

Now, it?s up to you, Uncle Ted <g>.
Best,
Jim Shulman

OK crew! There you have it from the "SUPER BOSS BOOK CREATOR!" JIM SHULMAN!
A little background for the newbies and oldsters! ;-)  Each December 1. Jim
begins the lay out of the  Year book for the year ending. In this case 2012!
As fast as the photos arrive he begins inserting and laying it out. The
number for submission is two photos! That's all (2) and if you did make a
folder on Jan.1, 2012 you have your quick selection, selected, sized and
sent today or within the next couple of days.  I know you do have them
already! So kind of you!

Yes the absolute maxed out deadline is minutes before midnight 31 December
2012! What many of you do not take into consideration is? Or you do not know
is?

Our beloved book master ... Jim Shulman..... does it all by
himself!!!!!!!!!!

THAT MEANS IF YOU WAIT TO DEC.31 OR SHORTLY BEFORE THAT to submit your
photos............ HE DOESN'T GET TO CELEBRATE MUCH OF A WELCOMING IN THE
NEW YEAR!

You folks? Are all out having a grand time and fun! Jim? He's slaving his
butt off putting together a book that makes  all of us look great "IN A
PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK!"  Which most of you will not likely ever have happen on
your own! Here you are holding a "real photo book" And you have photos in
it! your published name!

So what I'm asking for this year most kindly is?  Please, submit your photos
early so Jim isn't slugging his guts out at 11.59 pm 31, DEC. 2012! To
squeeze that late sender onto a page and off to the printer to be printed
within minutes of the clock ringing in the 2013 New Year!

So let's get cracking today looking for those two photos. Those of you who
actually paid attention last Jan. 1, 2012 and created a "BEST 2012 PHOTOS"
folder pick two and send today.

Thank you all so very much!

cheers,
Dr. ted