Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Venice Canals
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:59:01 -0800

Robert Adler SHOWED:

> Just hanging out in Venice for the weekend; Venice, CA. Found out why they
> call it Venice; it actually has canals. And it's way over the top. So just
> messing around with some over-the-top processing for fun. It is SoCal, so
> how real can it be?
> Enjoy,
> Bob
> http://www.rgaphoto.com/2012-Venice/index.html

Hi Bob,
I was only kidding about the bread crumbs for the birds! :-) The truth
is..... "I just got lucky one more time like all the rest!" :-) As Sandy
Carter would offer?  "Mr Lucky" did it again!

But if you ever consider using "food?" Use soup crackers because "YOUR
ASSISTANT" crumbles them in hand then throws' them in the air. This leaves
your hands free to be shooting at all the wild antics the gulls go through
diving for the bits and pieces.

Your Venice series are marvelous. Certainly in making excellent use of the
reflections.  A wild suggestion?  You might want to run these by the Venice
Tourism office (certainly a couple of 13X19 prints on heavy weight paper)
Make sure you have a nice high price at the tip of your tongue when they
ask..... "HOW MUCH PER PRINT?" Think Ansel Adams and go big! :-)  Hell why
not?

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Besides you have them already shot! No harm
done lad. Have a go, if for no other reason than for the hell of it! :-)

Besides if you do a show and tell it's wildly possible they'll give you an
assignment to shoot a bunch of new stuff covering a wider ranging number of
subjects? Give them an exorbitant day rate! Tell them you "only!!!!" charge
$2000.oo a day (PLUS EXPENSES ) with a tone of voice like you are saying
$2.00! And don't bat an eye making it look and sound as though you are paid
that day rate every day without question! After all it is California! :-) So
what's a couple thousand a day in that part of the country? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Lots of water around here. :-) Unfortunately it never stays still long
enough for beautiful reflections! ;-)

Good on you Lad, all winners again! :-) Some better winners than others! But
they all get the checkered flag!:-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] IMGs: Venice Canals)