Subject: [Leica] Meeting Dr. Ted
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 08:21:23 -0800

Hello Luggers,
Esther and I were invited last evening to Henning and Tanya's for a sushi
spread to finally meet Dr. Ted.
Ted and I figured out that we have been trying to meet for at least 8 years
-
despite me being a short ferry ride away every summer - we never made it
until last night.
So with single malt and sushi, thanks to Henning and Tanya, last night the
connection was finally made.
Keeping in mind Ted's dictum about shooting people's clothes in colour and
their souls in black and white
the following photos, taken with the X Pro 1, have been converted to B&W.
They are all taken with the
60mm f2.4, except for the two of Ted taken with the 90 Elmarit on the X Pro
1 and the picture of
Henning taken with the Fuji X100. Please enjoy and look large.

Here's Ted - single malt glass in hand.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/TedbBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/aksv947

Ted - working his M8 fast!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/Ted3Bw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/astweaz

Henning telling architectural photo stories and the need to have good life
insurance
for walking around partially built high rises.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/HenBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/adwyjt5

Peter Klein drove up from Seattle to join the party (and to go to the camera
swap meet on Sunday).

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/PeterBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/b7e2d7n

Tuulikki Abrahamsson shoots with her G1 and posts on flicker.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/TuulikkiBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/b6sv86j

Tom A has several miles of black and white film to work through. Here he is
working his Nikon rangefinder.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/TomBw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/akye3gd

and here's Esther, following the stories;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/EsBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/a9r3ktb

and here's me taken by Peter with my X Pro 1 and the 60mm f2.4

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Sushi/HowBW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/apkhz3g

Thanks again to Henning and Tanya for setting up such a lovely evening.

And thanks to all, Ted, Tom, Tuulikki, Peter and Esther for their
contributions to conviviality.

Cheers

Howard.

Replies: Reply from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] Meeting Dr. Ted)