Subject: [Leica] IMG: Long-Tailed Skipper Butterfly (Not a Moth)
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:33:26 -0500

Continuing to do on-line research, I have identified the mystery butterfly
that landed briefly in front of me.  It is not a moth, but a Long-Tailed
Skipper Butterfly that was west of the normal migration path from Florida up
and down the East Coast.

Because of the angle of the wings, the bright blue on the top of the abdomen
is only barely seen in the four quick images that I snapped.  The wing
markings match up properly.  The blue can be barely seen on the top of the
head and rear part of the abdomen.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Brown+B_fly+or+Moth.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA