Subject: [Leica] 2012 Windland Smith Rice International Awards
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:22:56 +0530

The captioned competition is conducted by Nature's Best Magazine, and
usually garners 20,000-25,000 entries every year. There are 15 categories,
and in addition to the Category Winners, a selection of entries are also
selected as "Highly Honored" entries. I am glad to say that one of my
submissions, linked below, has been chosen as one of the "Highly Honored"
entries in the "African Wildlife" category:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya/20090907_063957Mara.jpg.html

All the 129 special selections will be printed in a special Fall/Winter
issue of "Nature's Best" magazine, in addition to which all the Category
Winners. as well as a selection of the "Highly Honored" entries will be
exhibited in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History  in Washington
D.C.from June 2013 onwards through 2014. I am also extremely glad to see
quite a few Indians in the list of winners!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] 2012 Windland Smith Rice International Awards)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] 2012 Windland Smith Rice International Awards)