Subject: [Leica] M8 craps out
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:09:06 -0500

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at
gmail.com>wrote:

> Why don't you try one and find out? I have no trouble at all now, and there
> are quite a few members on the list using it on a regular basis for street
> photography, and posting regularly. IMHO, better to wait and buy the new
> M-E rather than a second hand M9 if you must have a Leica.

Jay is a Leica Bystander.  Take financial advice from him, but follow your
heart on this one.

I played with the Fuji and while it is a very nice little camera, since you
have a substantial investment in Leica lenses, it is not a solution.

Even with the adapter, focus and handling with Leica  is a bear, much like
it is with the m4/3's stuff.

Your Noctilux will be next to useless on a Fuji.

As to the ME, I see it as a stripped down M9, at about the new price of an
M9.

If you must sell an internal organ, I'd say wait for the M.

M9 cameras have been showing up on RFF at pretty good prices lately (
there's a steel gray one there today that looks to be nice.)

My M9 is my favorite still camera ever.

--
Regards,

Sonny