Subject: [Leica] Film vs. Digital, a meaningless comparison
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:22:55 -0700

Not really a comparison, but since I took the same scene with a digital
back (P25+) and TX-400, may as well show them. I did my usual processing to
get them the way I like them.

Oddly enough, at pixel peeping level, clearly I shook the camera with the
digital one :-( Just a coincidence, I imagine.

Digital definitely wins in smoothness, especially in the sky. I thought I
used the same exposure, but the film one definitely looks more exposed (I
use the 2 bath Pyrocat and rated TX-400 at 400). A quick edit in Lightroom
equalizes things some. I cropped the 6x6 film image down to more or less
matching, so throwing some resolution away there.

Digital:
www.richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121013-CF045781.jpg

Film:
http://www.richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121016-Scanned-4-Edit.jpg