Subject: [Leica] Ganesh Chaturthi 2
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:57:10 -0400

> Why does Breakfast stand out for you, bharani?

> I also want to know - what do you like so
> much
> about "Breakfast"? It is a fairly common sight on festival days to see
> devotees eat prasadam!

for some years now i have been pondering the meaning of the word "maya".
in sanskrit it is understood to mean illusion or dream.

i have finally understood it to mean the world we carry around with us,
like a bubble around us.
a bubble that contains the outlook, the understanding, the biases that
filter the outer world.

so when i am out walking and shooting the street i visualise people with a
bubble around them,
slipping and sliding by other bubbles.
to me those are the most interesting street photos.

such as this -
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/scleroplex/L1750399+manhattan.jpg.html

nathan noted this exact aspect.

(Nice tableau--three very different interactions.
Cheers, Nathan)

note that it does not simply mean being lost in thought or preoccupied.

returning to Breakfast, the first thing that struck me was the bubble
around them.
then their floaty reflection on the tiles, adding to the watery allusion.
then the lines and textures around them, reminiscent of a woodcut or
engraving.

superb!!

the photo could as well be titled "maya"
:-)
bharani

p.s. some people manage to transcend their own maya.
the latest example i have come across is this guy -

http://jonathanturley.org/2012/09/27/false-flag-leading-analyst-at-pro-israeli-think-tank-publicly-discusses-how-u-s-can-be-forced-into-war-with-iran/

"Clawson explains that the ?traditional way? to get the country into a war
is through false flags or manufactured incidents where Americans are
killed. Those people are of course expendable props in Clawson?s
realpolitik."

as with everything, one can put clarity of vision to good or bad use.....

Message: 25