Subject: [Leica] Tom stargazing
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:15:22 -0700

Susan Ryan SHOWED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Tom stargazing
>>My husband is the kindest, most gentle man I've ever known. He is
>>brilliant, and bored to tears with his job as a nuclear engineer. A man of
>>very few words, he is quite well read in things like cosmology and
>>philosophy.  He very likely has Asperger's syndrome and is uncomfortable
>>around most people. We sat outside some nights ago, and I caught this with
>>my Nocti. I had the light from a citronella candle and couldn't see to
>>focus. Not the best technically, but I am happy with the expression I
>>caught as he gazed at the sky. I wish the bow of his glasses had been
>>positioned a bit higher, but sometimes you just play the hand you're
>>dealt.
>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/?g2_page=4&g2_statusId=x04a9304e&g2_navId=x4d526a27

Hi Sue,
Well from where I'm sitting this is an exposure basically by candlelight &
it's an interesting exposure.

Yes the glasses "could have been adjusted slightly for a full eye rather
than the cut off." However that might  have interrupted the moment of
thought and viewing. ERGO? Not such a concentration in the image.

But you know what? In reality, "who cares!" Because it's a fine available
light photo by a candle, it would've worked along side any number of similar
images if you were shooting quite a number on a photo essay!!

Do not draw attenton to what you may perceive as a problem in the
photograph! Let viewers find it themselves and if they do see it as a
problem? Then OK fess-up and accept the point made. However if the comment
is merely someone making a small mickey mouse over techie point? Pay it no
attention simply because you already know there was a tiny little glitch!
And let them get over it! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] Tom stargazing)