Subject: [Leica] Leica M 135/2, 180/2, 250/2...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:35:29 -0400

What did people do before auto focus when they hit middle age and their eyes
were not what they used to be?
They got glasses.  And kept shooting their low tech cameras not knowing they
were low tech cameras. With all the other geezers. Did old photographers
miss their focus more than the young guys? I think just the opposite.
20 years on the LUG hearing guys who, darn it!, have to trade in their
boring low tech cameras for exciting high tech ones. That darned eye
prescription!
I just don't buy into the eyes going out thing.
Just like the rich old guys who cant buy into the low tech Leica thing.
Why spend all that money if you have to work to get a picture?
My God you have to TURN DIALS!
My glasses get much stronger with every prescription.  This does not effect
my ability to focus a Leica M in the slightest. Nor focus my groundglass
cameras.  And I have astigmatism on top of near sightedness.
This is the dirty secret on the lists and if we admitted it all the camera
lists would have to close down. People would have nothing to talk about.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica M 135/2, 180/2, 250/2...)