Subject: [Leica] QUIZZ: David
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:30:40 -0700

#4:  Because I was there, and I ignored the "no photos" sign just like
you did.  :-)
<http://www.sonatina.org/italy/david.htm>
In the late 19th century, they put him inside, out of the rain, in the
"Accademia." A replica was placed in the square where he had stood for
almost 400 years.  I  believe #2 is that replica.

--Peter

Phillipe wrote:
-----------
The statue of David by Michelangelo, preserved in Firenze, is probaly
one of the most copied pieces of art on earth.

Even the Italians have made copies.

So the question is now, which is the original one?

1
http://tinyurl.com/c5t2ww9

2
http://tinyurl.com/cawhezz