Subject: [Leica] Communicatopn or Incommunication?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:44:57 -0700

Lluis Ripoll SHOWED:
Subject: [Leica] Communication or Incommunication?

Buenos d?as querido amigo Lluis, :-)
A wonderful captured moment! They are about two feet apart and talking to
each other. :-) I have been considered a "Silent Observer!" during my
picture takings of 60 plus years. As the TV documentary is entitled,  "The
Silent Observer." About me. But my voice did turn up sometimes! ;-)

However? You have captured the "Silent Talkers!"  :-) The mode of youth
conversation of today. It wont matter whether they have ears to hear,
hearing aids will become lost appliances of the future because who will need
them? Texting will be the mode of near complete conversation and
communicating!

A short story 1998 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I was there as a consultant for the "1998 Commonwealth Games." However at
this moment I'm riding on a motor cycle as a passenger. I see 5 young people
walking along all talking on cell phones of the day.  I ask the driver....
"Who are they all talking to?"  He responded...... "EACH OTHER!"

"But why?" says I.  He responds, "They are born with a cell phone in their
hand held to their ear so they use it even though they are walking along
together because it's...... "COOL TO DO!" So this was near the beginning of
cell phone talk, that has become, "iPhone talk, texting for
communicating!!!"   WHY?

"IT'S COOL!"  :-)

Vocal language could become near extinct because conversations will be
through voice via "cellphone-iphone" of some kind or "texting each other
even though humans maybe sitting in the same room or office!"

The photo concept by some of the CREW actually has great merit for a series
of photos for the age bracket of most on the LUG. We who "talked" to each
other from the time we learned to speak and communicate!  So maybe a photo
scene for all to keep an eye out for as they walk about their daily photo
shoots! The iphone scene!

If I had to use an iphone today I would considered a "DEAF COMMUNICATION
MUTE!" Heck I wouldn't know how to turn one on! :-) Bad enough wearing
hearing aids! Hey maybe the answer is.... READY? :-)
I get an iphone and text everybody?" ;-) ;-)

Anyway my friend a neat photo and I have no doubt a triggering of a new
series of photos about iphone people! :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Communicatopn or Incommunication?)