Subject: [Leica] OT: RIP - Martine Frank
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:11:19 +0100

"philippe.amard" <philippe.amard at sfr.fr> wrote
> Another Leica user and HCB memory bearer gone.
> http://www.mmail.com.my/story/celebrated-magnum-photographer-martine-franck-dies-27133

She was a very nice woman. I met Martine in her (and HCB's) apartment on the
Rue de Rivoli one afternoon in Nov '09. It was somewhat unexpected as I was
over at Paris Photo and met a group from the Los Angeles County Museum of
Art who were also over for Paris Photo. We wound up having lunch together,
and over the lunch they mentioned that they were meeting her immediately
afterwards, and would I like to come along?

Well, how could I refuse? It would have been churlish, wouldn't it? Here's a
couple of pictures from the apartment.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Paris+09/michaelgloria_bw_sm.jpg.html

Douglas
_________