Subject: [Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:43:03 -0700

John.. we in the US have the option to buy refurbished Dell computers.  They
sell at roughly a 35-50% discount from retail price.  Full warranty.

I have had 6-7 of them over the years.... excellent reliability and
performance.

But the most important issue is to understand what you need.  This,
unfortunately, is harder than it looks.  Salesmen and marketing BS get in
the way.

The best screen ever made was an IBM ( not made by them) that cost, used,
about a year ago, $2500.  22" display, 3840x2400 resolution.
It was originally speced for looking at X-Rays by radiologists.  It was
simply awesome.
P/N:  IBM T220/T221 LCD.  ViewSonic VP2290.  Iiyama AQU5611D. IDTech
MD22292B2

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

If you spec out similar hardware for a Windows box the Mac often works out
cheaper. I did it for my dual 5520 Xeon Pro (basically server spec) and 17"
i7 (1920x1200 display), the latter only Dell and IBM could match the screen
and they worked out significantly more expensive....

john

Replies: Reply from john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....)
Message from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....)
Message from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....)