Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Young Punks
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:08:14 -0400

This past Saturday I shot some stills while two bands ("Potty Mouth"
and "Chemical Peel") played sets at the radio station for air later
(as it happens, in a few hours: 3AM US/Eastern Wednesday the 8th of
August, which will seem more like late tonight to most of us) at

    http://wfmu.org/

One interesting thing is that the two bands are nominally based in
Northampton, MA and Columbia, SC...  but they're touring together, and
share the drummer.

The drummer is pretty remarkable.  She played both sets, which
included the fast drumming you'd expect from the genre, and didn't
seem at all fazed.  She was quick and crisp and exhibited great
efficiency of motion.

Anyway, I thought the photos came out pretty well.  There's even some
Leica content.  Basically, I just used three primes I like the look
from (the 35mm Summilix-M ASPH, the Canon 85mm f/1.2 L, and the
Olympus 12mm f/2) with whatever camera body seemed appropriate stuck
on the back of each.

Here's the whole set:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/sets/72157630920898868/

If you don't feel like paging through the whole batch, here are a few
I particularly like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/7720873068/in/set-72157630920898868/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/7720919228/in/set-72157630920898868/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/7720884102/in/set-72157630920898868/lightbox/