Subject: [Leica] Times Photographer Is Arrested on Assignment in NY
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 20:59:02 -0400

thank you ric!

indeed, we need to be restrained for our own good, don't you know?

for the nuance on the law enforcement side here is -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvGC58Ew_WI

it is totally undeniable by now that every single case of photojournalists
being smashed into the ground has been totally dismissed regardless of all
the tall claims from various heroes in blue.

thus, going by the stats, one should always start with the assumption that
the police are lying and the photographer was assaulted and detained
unconstitutionally.

the burden lies on the police to prove that their action was
constitutional.
giving them any deference on this issue itself violates the constitution.

we are way past the "it could be 50-50, you know" point already.
bharani