Subject: [Leica] IMG: Photographing Helicopter Rotors
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:12:31 -0500

After discussions yesterday about capturing helicopter rotor action, I tried
again today.  My approach was to push other parameters in order to get the
shutter speed down to 1/100 sec or lower.  This shot, of an engine runup
following maintenance work, seemed to work out fairly well.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Check+Run+57.jpg.html

E-1 with Leica Elmarit-R 28mm, ISO 100, 1/80 at f/22, RAW

Another shot at 1/100 seemed to be fine, also.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA