Subject: [Leica] IMG: At the Airport Today
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:31:09 -0500

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at
lighttube.net>wrote:

>  When this was a training base during WWII, this green and white beacon
> sat atop the base water tank, offering guidance to the student who was
> coping with night landings, or just doubtful of his position. . . . but
> still burns brightly.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Guiding+Light+29.jpg.html

Brings back some memories.  Sometimes I would pick up a friend at
Natchitoches airport when he would fly in.

Waiting at night for him to land, the only sounds you would hear were the
crickets and the hum of the beacon's motor and gears.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/