Subject: [Leica] "CMOS Is Winning the Camera Sensor Battle, and Here's Why"
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:49:28 +0200

Hear, hear.

I have three digital cameras that I use on a regular basis: the M8, the
Pentax K5, and the Fuji X100.

I do not even know, let alone care, the type of sensor each camera has. My
decision to take this camera or other on a specific occasion is influenced
by many factors but sensor type is not one of them.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 24 Jul 2012, at 16:08, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> To be fair, those of us who see low light usage or a decent FPS as a must
> would prefer CMOS. That said, I can never understand why all of you rise to
> Mark's posts on this subject again and again and again. What difference
> does it make? Use what you want, and what suits you. Why have such a thin
> skin on such inconsequential banalities?
> Cheers
> Jayanand
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM, John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>> Well if you get your info from PCWorld, CCD seems more than adequate for
>> Leica and medium format ;-) That article is primarily about P&S and IQ
>> does
>> not get much of a mention....
>>
>> Is there any DMR/M8/M9 owner who prefers the IQ of CMOS over CCD?
>>
>> john

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu