Subject: [Leica] 2012 BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:24:22 -0700

Nathan Wajsman OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2012 #30 BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

>I would only add that I have a listing of LUGgers' books on my PAW page:

> It needs some updating, but at least it is a start.

Hi Nathan,
Thank you my friend as I certainly have missed a number of these books by
our LUG associates. To be corrected over the ensuing week or two.

While I'm at it, I must make a major reference to Lluis's new book on
Paris!! My good fortune? I ordered it before I arrived in Barcelona. "Paris,
mes souvenirs." If one has any kind of feelings toward interesting people
photography, this is an absolutely must have book!"

Look, we all know the names of the street shooters of the past. HCB,
Doisneau and many others.
Great and wonderful street moments by all, no question.

However? Lluis Ripoll? Well many of us know Lluis only because he posts
remarkable photos to the list. But to see a collection in his book on
Paris!!!! The only thing I can say with great admiration is.... "Move over
all you old guys of the past as there's a new guy on the block!"

I have several HCB books.... many with the same pictures as always seen when
people talk about or show his photography. Actually most of you know nearly
all of his most admirable photos because we've seen them a hundred or more
times.

Lluis? Get the book and be blown away without question! As this man and
photographer has a talent few of us would hope to have. Look this isn't BS!
Simply how many times have we all given him praise for a few posted pictures
taken, in some cases, the same day he shot them! Not an HCB from 80 years
ago shot during an entirely different attitude of society.

I believe copies can be purchased directly from BLURB. So may I suggest
without question buying a copy will be the best money spent for a photo book
bar none.

No I don't have any connection with Lluis other than he is a friend and one
of the most observant of street life photographers I know. Who is alive and
well and not some name from the past.

Order it! You can not go wrong!!

cheers,
Dr. ted