Subject: [Leica] FS: 10.5cm f/2.5 Nikkor LTM lens
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:51:21 -0400

For sale is my beloved 10.5cm f/2.5 P.C. Nikkor in Leica thread mount.
This lens is USED. I got it in 2004 and used it a lot. A lot.

The front element has some coating marks, one big one that is kind of a wide
rub mark. Rear element has several coating marks as well.
I've never noticed these to have an effect on the image or contrast on any
camera I've used it on from M2 and M4 to M8 and M9. The focus is perfect on
my recently sold M9 and is still perfect on my M4.

There is a bit of dust in the lens as well. No fungus or haze though.

The aperture blades are perfect and oil free. Aperture ring clicks nicely.
Not loose but not too tight.

Operation of the lens is great. The focus ring has a wonderful feel to it.
Very smooth and even travel throughout the focusing range.

The LTM-M adapter is an older Japanese 28/90 (maybe Voigtlander?) that works
perfectly with this lens and places the rangefinder cam only a few degrees
off of top dead center

The focusing ring is missing a bit of paint in a few areas and the chrome
has a few marks on it but no brassing or gouges.

Also included are a later 10.5cm Nikkor RF hood, 52mm cap and Leica M rear
cap.

This lens has given me years of awesome service but I'm switching to Nikon
rangefinders for the bulk of my shooting so I'm going to be replacing this
with a Nikon RF version.

I'm asking $225 but will consider fair offers and possibly partial
trades for various Nikon RF bits (deep rear lens caps, 43mm hoods, a
10.5cm Nikon RF mount lens)

Thanks all!
Phil Forrest

--