Subject: [Leica] A portrait for critiquing
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:59:55 -0700

Greg Rubenstein showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] A portrait for critiquing

> Have posted a new album with two portraits from the same image (one
> color and the other black and white). Slightly different croppings.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gcr910/Portraits/
>
> A style somewhat out of my comfort zone. Need to do more of this  kind of
> thing.
>
> The subject makes it work, even if protesting, good naturedly, "You're
> too close, Greg."
> Available window light. No reflectors.<<<<<

Hi Greg,
The B&W is far stronger than the colour. Possibly adding a kind of
"apprehension" through the subjects eyes.

It's stronger with far more impact in B&W. The colour makes it just sit
there! The magic of the subject and over all look of the frame happens only
in B&W! If this is slightly out of your comfort zone may I suggest keep at
it as you've created a shot with impact in B&W!   Good on you

cheers,
ted

Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] A portrait for critiquing)