Subject: [Leica] The Age of Electrons
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:12:38 -0700

As you may know, we have been running a LUG print exchange for many years
now. I think one of my first contributions was with the Epson R-D1 so
that's 2005, or 3-4 generations of camera technology.

I have been the coordinator for many of them, and it's always so exciting
to make the print packages in the end (I usually manage not to peek until
the day I make the packages, sort of like a Christmas Surprise).

This round, for the first time, we added a "large" print exchange, making
13x19" prints instead of letter sized ones, and I just finished packaging
them up.

The prints look wonderful. Amazing quality, and all the paper are quite
nice. There are 3 rag users, the rest use fine art pearl, harman gloss
baryta, epson exhibition fiber, glossy paper etc.

At least one image is made with an APS-C sensor. I doubt anyone can tell
without looking at the info. There's even one Visoflex. One B&W (mine :-) )

I think the modern digital workflow and printing make this exchange
possible - I doubt many people can make prints this size of this quality
even 10 years ago.

Life is good.

p.s. extra thanks again go to Brian!