Subject: [Leica] leica M9 diopters...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:07:17 -0700

Yes, diopter strength......

As you have already been told, the inherent camera design has a -0.5 diopter
built in.

You can go to your Optometrist and he will have no idea of what you need.
He will calculate something based upon your prescription, and when you buy
one, it will not work.  Trust me, by far the most expensive way to go.....

Instead, go to your local Leica store ( I think you can go to Pardees in
Sacramento.. or did you move?) and try them out until you find one that
works for you.

Then buy it there... $100 won't break the bank.....and it will actually be
the right one for you.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I am looking for advice re diopters for the M9....must the diopter be leica,
does anything else fit and serve as a replacement?

where can I buy them cheapest ?