Subject: [Leica] IMG: Shoes of Hope
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:58:16 +0100

In the late 7th or early 8th Century a monk traveled from Ireland to
Normandy and worked in and around the town of Saint Omer. He died there in
734 crippled by walking his whole time through the countryside. Later made a
Saint, Erkembode became the patron saint of cripples and people now make
pilgrimages to place their shoes and those of their children on his tomb and
to to pray for their recovery from debilitating illnesses.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/12-5216.jpg.html

I know it has limited depth of field, but I like it very much.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932