Subject: [Leica] zooming thru to say 'hey'
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

I still dip into the archives every few weeks; it's nice to see so much
continuity. B.D.'s back! how the hell are you guy? Any body hear anything
from Walt?

And yeah I'm still freeloading server space from Brian (many thanks!)
although I moved my act over to flickr a couple of years ago. Amongst a lot
of crap, you can find folks there who are heart-attack serious about street
photography. One of my chores for this summer has been to catch-up on
uploads to the lug gallery, so I've just finished organizing a couple of
hundred in a fat edit of the last 24 months.

Until last February I racked up 55K on the LX3, but have since gone Fuji
(the X10, which I never got the hang of, has just been replaced with an X100
w/ the wide angle converter that gives me the 28mm I need). I sold off
nearly all of my red dot gear 3 years ago went I went into a period of
unemployment and could no longer afford film & processing. I only hung on to
my sharkskin IIIc and the M2 I got in grad school; the M2/CV Ultron 28/1.9
kit is now on extended loan to an SP pal in NYC who is making very good use
of it. And I'm working again, thank god.

Nichols, I make down to Tullahoma every now and then, so keep a lookout for
a guy wearing a Florida ballcap. Shulman, many thanks for always reminding
me about the yearbook. Here's a thing from a month ago I think you'll get a
kick out of; I've been trying for years to get something good using
Tootsie's as a backdrop:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/HarveyArche/Joplin-2004-05/june+2012/bachlorette+weekend.jpg.html

Oh, and Steve, I'd take it very kindly if you were to remove that photo
Harrison shot of me at the peak of bloat - I've since lost about 30 pounds
and am back to my stick-like self.

Take Care everybody,
H.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] zooming thru to say 'hey')