Subject: [Leica] Fuji X Pro-1 Conversion Comparison
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:08:30 -0700

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:43:41 -0400
From: Richard Taylor <r.s.taylor at comcast.net>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

Here are the results of four different conversion processes of one X Pro-1
shot.  All the images were exported from LR 4.1 as high quality JPGs.

1. Copy as DNG and import into LR 4.1

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/xpro-1/DSCF0261_DNG.jpg.html

2. Copy without conversion from RAF file and import into LR 4.1

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/xpro-1/DSCF0261_RAF.jpg.html

3. Process RAF file in Silky Pix RAW converter and import into LR 4.1.  The
TIF file looks just the same opened directly in Photoshop as it does here so
the importation did not effect the file.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/xpro-1/DSCF0261_TIF.jpg.html

4. And finally the in-camera JPG copied without conversion into LR 4.1.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/xpro-1/DSCF0261_JPG.jpg.html

To me the in-camera JPG looks a bit over sharpened, but opinions can differ
on that.  It's really superior to any other process at the moment, though.
Even the Silky Pix RAW converter doesn't come close.

Regards,

Dick

Dick

I agree that the jpeg is the best of the bunch. I set Colour, Sharpness,
Highlight tone, shadow tone, noise reduction all to O to limit Jpeg
processing and take it from there.

Thanks for posting these. And good shooting!

Howard