Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) H.C.B. I.C.P. (m.o.u.s.e)
From: RPALMIER at depaul.edu (Palmieri, bob)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:12:21 -0500

(Apologies if this one double-posts; I had some trouble earlier but this one
should hit the Mark:)

>                 The place I would have seen it

Mark

Sorry if this whole business is long dead; I'm an guy who occasionally
peruses the goings-on in digest mode.

Although not a NY LUGger I saw the show (in fact I called you before heading
over to see the stuff; we talked later that same day.)  My recollections
regarding that image are that they showed a print that included an
out-of-fucus post running up the length of the left-hand side of the frame
(I think it was on that shot) which was claimed to be an on-site
compositional aid intended to serve as a cropping guide.  Hard to imagine
getting that anal with that winky little non-parallax-corrected viewfinder
(I s'ppose the external one has that little distance-tilt cam but still....)

Regarding the issue of how much he influenced many of his subjects I bought
an HCB print out of the Magnum archives of a shot taken soon after a more
famous view of children playing by the Berlin Wall (1963 maybe?); I've had a
good time bringing out the two images in front of some photographers (I
remember one evening in particular over at Richard Wasserman's when Tom
Abrahamson was there).

If anyone's interested I'll make and post some copies later this week.

Bob Palmieri

Sent from my iPhone