Subject: [Leica] The death of the silver gelatin prints
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:46:51 -0400

thank you immensely for this detailed note.
i learnt something.
bharani

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:45:05 -0700
From: Paul Roark <roark.paul at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] The death of the silver gelatin prints
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

I tried and used all sorts of inter-negative approaches to silver
prints for several years before inkjets were any good.  Some were OK,
most were not, and all added a few steps of frustration, cost, and
compromise.  Having now gone through the various stages of inkjet
development, and having studied the alternatives to death, I must say
I have no desire to do silver printing any more.  Aside from the fact
that some collectors may prefer them, they are inferior to what we can
now make with the best inkjet technology.........................

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] The death of the silver gelatin prints)