Subject: [Leica] Orcas at last
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:39:23 -0700

Hi Luggers,
Last night toward evening we got the call. The Orca pod is coming past
Thieves Bay. We threw down our dinner napkins and headed out the door.

Here is my view of 5 Orcas, Momma, Poppa and three little ones cruising by a
floating boat. The fellow at the back has a camera around his neck but
didn't even raise it as the whales went by. Must be a local!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Whales12/5Orcasw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/89a49pd

Here is Esther's view of the same scene, taken slightly earlier, with the
GH2 and the 45 - 200 zoom.
Cropped in CS 5 to be a pretend pano.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Whales12/EOrcasw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/73634bc

And here is Esther's picture of the whales swimming along with the
magnificent Olympic Mountains in the background.
I worked quite hard on this one for shadows and highlights using CS5.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Whales12/E4OrcaMtnsw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/brtslus

Please look large and enjoy,
C&C always welcome.