Subject: [Leica] Marriage
From: benmarks2005 at gmail.com (Benjamin Marks)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:17:28 -0400

Regarding marriage:  Reading the responses here to Chris's original e-mail,
I have the sense that  -- like "arguing" about politics or religion -- I am
just getting autobiography with a bit of window dressing.  That's fine, if
folks want to stake out their bit of the hill and defend it against all
comers.  Be my guest.  I would like to point out though, that your world is
about to get more complicated.  As western Europe heads towards a
marriageless society and same-sex couples in the US and elsewhere
successfully argue for inclusion in this "institution" a lot of the "why
buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" discussion will become
irrelevant, if it is not already.  To paraphrase egregiously:  you ought to
treat other people well; all else is commentary.  And if you find someone
who you care about more than you care about yourself, consider yourself
lucky as you have been given the greatest gift that life has to offer.

Ben Marks

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Marriage)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Marriage)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Marriage)