Subject: [Leica] IMG: San Pedro la Laguna
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:23:22 -0500

On 6/4/2012 3:06 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> This photo is from the brief time that I used Canons instead of Leicas
> for digital photos.  I regret that every time I try to process them,
> but Leica had not come out with digital yet.  The problem with my
> Canon digital photos is that there is no detail in the shadows.  I try
> to pull out detail and there's just mud there.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/143791300/original
>
> Anybody have any suggestions on how to work with Canon digital files?
> I'll never desert Leica again!
>
> Tina

Tina,

Wish I could help, but I use Canon SLR's and don't have that issue at
least.  I do try to be sure the shadows have sufficient exposure via the
histogram.  I read once that the histogram should be biased to the right
(highlights), but that never worked for me.  At least with the newer
cameras (5D MkII) there seems to be plenty of information.

Ken