Subject: [Leica] IMG: Study, Vancouver high rises..... WITH A VIEW! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:13:50 -0700

Adam Bridge SHOWED:
Subject: [Leica] IMG: Study, Vancouver high rises

> Taken from 12th floor balcony in the Sandman Hotel in morning light.
>
> <http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/23052813_ZsxXSq#!i=1882570742&k=5bQ6WB8&lb=1&s=A>
>
> I was quite taken with the array of high rise structures.<<<<<

Hi Adam,
A very eye catching photo to say the least. Certainly illustrates how
Vancouver is growing in leaps and bounds!

Several years ago while in Toronto on assignment I was in a similar location
as yourself. Hotel facing several high rise buildings and I thought "What
interesting pattern shots for the stock agency?"

So I set tripod up. (yes I had one sometimes depending on assignment.) :-)
Locked on a Leica 400mm 2.8 as I wanted good tight full fame transparencies.
So a long lens like this not only filled the frame, it nearly gained me
entrance to some of the suites in the buildings.

So I'm panning along looking at the compositions of windows etc. clicking
away. When all of a sudden I have a near full frame of a naked guy standing
at his window, doing what we might call.... "Playing with himself full view
to the world." Heaven only knows why he'd want to display his manly
under-hangings, but there he was and I clicked a couple of frames just for
the hell of it to go to the agency just to hear the responses. :-)

However, he must have seen me or most likely the front of the lens pointed
in his direction! I've never seen a guy take a floor dive so fast in my
life! :-) I did catch a glimpse of him peeking over the window sill looking
at the hotel. But by then I had packed gear as I was about to leave on the
shoot.

No I didn't wait around to see if he was going to do an encore! :-)

Interesting things in the world you can see from a hotel window with a long
lens! :-)

cheers,
Dr, ted :-)

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] IMG: Study, Vancouver high rises..... WITH A VIEW! :-))