Subject: [Leica] Ted on Lluis
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:06:07 -0400

Ted on Lluis:

Again, in praise of Lluis.I'm happy to be an echo this time.Ted (below) is
so right. No one could have said it better! No one could have said it with
more authority! It all makes me so proud to be among you (LUG); albeit,
mostly lurking, since the late 1990s.

Your M5; 50 mm f1.2,

Dr. Leon Pomeroy

Northern Virginia, USA

"Ladies & Gentlemen of the LUG, Most of us know the works of the great
French photographers of the past

depicting the life of Paris. Today many are aware of the photos of young
Peter Turnley and his look of Paris. A fine presentation.

Most of the greats of the past are all big name people of the photo world
many are aware of! BUT Lluis Ripoll? A Catalonian photog? Who is he? Some
internet photographer known but to a few? NO, HE IS AN EXTREMELY FINE SHARP
EYED MODERN DAY PHOTOGRAPHER UNKNOWN TO THE WORLD! However. All of us of the
LUG are aware of his incredible photographers' "ART OF OBSERVATION!"
Certainly on more occasions' than we can count! :-) BUT? Here we have a book
of unseen photography that ranks Lluis right up  there with all the greats
of the past and known of today! Myself and a few  others have had the
wonderful privilege of seeing this book cover to cover! Trust me, it truly
is a "MOVE OVER CARTIER BRESSON AND THE REST OF YOU  BOOK!!' And if you are
a collector of photographic and photographer books this is truly one to
have. Not just because the photography is most interesting. But simply
because you all know the guy behind the photographs through out the book!
It's our Lluis, all alive and right here in yer face! :-) Actually day after
day! :-) Look just because Bresson and many of the others have had all the
recognition during the past 70 plus years of promotion simply because they
were few and far between and given all the attention by the GREAT magazines
of  yesterday! Today with an IPOD on every corner????????????? It might be a
different story? That doesn't mean today we can't all of a sudden recognize
one of our own is as good as Bresson, Robert Doisneau, Turnley and many
others you wish to add! Myself and a few others will in July have the great
pleasure of  receiving our now ordered and to be signed personal copies from
Lluis in Barcelona.

Indeed it will be well documented by the crew in attendance and shown on the
LUG! I can hardly wait, as this is an experience I've never had with any of
the over 400 photo book authors in my personal library collection! :-) May I
suggest you all look at purchasing a copy of this book simply because the
photography of Paris is as visually interesting as and better than many of
the greats of the past and present! The author is alive! We know him through
our constant LUG communications week after week! Day after day! A passing
comment on one of or own LUG crew! Order yours today! Thank you. cheers, Dr.
ted