Subject: [Leica] My new Book: "Paris, mes souvenirs"
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:01:44 -0700

Lluis Ripoll OFFERED:

> I'm announcing my new book "PARIS, MES SOUVENIRS", vintage pictures  from
> the Paris I love, years 1988 to 1996, 218 pages and 47 on  preview. These
> are not touristic shots, all the pictures are in  B&W ... it was a lot of
> work scanning old negatives....
>
> <http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3246175>
>
>  I hope you like it.

Ladies & Gentlemen of the LUG,
Most of us know the works of the great French photographers of the past
depicting the life of Paris. Today many are aware of the photos of young
Peter Turnley and his look of Paris. A fine presentation.

Most of the greats of the past are all big name people of the photo world
many are aware of!

BUT Lluis Ripoll? A Catalonian photog? Who is he? Some internet photographer
known but to a few? NO, HE IS AN EXTREMELY FINE SHARP EYED MODERN DAY
PHOTOGRAPHER UNKNOWN TO THE WORLD!

However. All of us of the LUG are aware of his incredible photographers'
"ART OF OBSERVATION!" Certainly on more occasions' than we can count! :-)

BUT? Here we have a book of unseen photography that ranks Lluis right up
there with all the greats of the past and known of today! Myself and a few
others have had the wonderful privilege of seeing this book cover to cover!
Trust me, it truly is a "MOVE OVER CARTIER BRESSON AND THE REST OF YOU
BOOK!!' And if you are a collector of photographic and photographer books
this is truly one to have. Not just because the photography is most
interesting. But simply because you all know the guy behind the photographs
through out the book!

It's our Lluis, all alive and right here in yer face! :-) Actually day after
day! :-)

Look just because Bresson and many of the others have had all the
recognition during the past 70 plus years of promotion simply because they
were few and far between and given all the attention by the GREAT magazines
of yesterday! Today with an IPOD on every corner????????????? It might be a
different story?

That doesn't mean today we can't all of a sudden recognize one of our own is
as good as Bresson, Robert Doisneau, Turnley and many others you wish to
add!

Myself and a few others will in July have the great pleasure of  receiving
our now ordered and to be signed personal copies from Lluis in Barcelona.
Indeed it will be well documented by the crew in attendance and shown on the
LUG! I can hardly wait, as this is an experience I've never had with any of
the over 400 photo book authors in my personal library collection! :-)

May I suggest you all look at purchasing a copy of this book simply because
the photography of Paris is as visually interesting as and better than many
of the greats of the past and present! The author is alive! We know him
through our constant LUG communications week after week! Day after day!

A passing comment on one of or own LUG crew! Order yours today! Thank you.

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] My new Book: "Paris, mes souvenirs")
Reply from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] My new Book: "Paris, mes souvenirs")