Subject: [Leica] working & earning & lifetsyle
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 20:37:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris Crawford wrote:

Those jobs today pay so little that the airfare to get you there and back
will exceed your earnings for the summer.
<<<

I guess you haven't worked in a fish processing factory.

 Its not about being 'too good'
to work, its being too smart to work for nothing.
<<<

With an attitude like this you're right.  At the end of the season this
attitude will earn you a handshake along with your final paycheck.  A more
constructive attitude will earn you an interview for a better-paying job.

One of my daughter's co-workers in a northern California national park was
an MD (not medical student) from the Czech Republic.  He made more money in
a summer cleaning toilets than he had in a year in the Czech Republic as an
MD.  His constructive attitude earned him more job offers.

Those jobs are for rich kids looking for a fun summer job experience. They
don't need the money and don't care about the pay. For someone who
actually has to work for a living, such jobs are not realistic.
<<<

Fun?  Absolutely!!!  It was the adventure of a lifetime, the company housing
was cheap, the company food was good and cheap, and I returned to school
with a good start on the next year's tuition.

You can keep making excuses but your future is in your hands.  Not mine, not
the government's, yours.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com