Subject: [Leica] Charles Cramer - His Take on LR4
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:57:12 -0700

For those of you who saw Howard's panorama photo before and after use of
the Highlight/Shadow layer in CS, you saw something I learned from Charles
Cramer in a printing class I took several years ago. Charlie is simply a
master photographer and printer and my print making went up 10 levels after
the class.

There is now a tutorial from Charlie on Luminous Landscape:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/techniques/tonal_adjustments_in_the_age_of_lightroom_4.shtml

He's basically amazed at the new capabilities of LR4 and shows how he
adjust for shadows and highlights in LR4 with better results than the
Highlight/Shadow layer in CS.

I highly recommend this article for all Luggers. If you ever get the chance
to take one of his printing courses (he offers 3 flavors, I think: one 4
day intensive class near the San Jose, CA airport and 2 workshops with John
Sexton in Yosemite and Big Sur) every penny spent will be well worth it.

Enjoy the article and try it on a few of your images.

I may not me setting my M to -0.3 exposure adjustment anymore...

Best,
Bob

--
Bob Adler