Subject: [Leica] Vizio tablet
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 21:15:06 -0600

I was in Costco recently and saw a Vizio Android tablet for $189
(originally $349).  Since Costco has a liberal return policy (90 days) I
took one home for a spin.  I've really been pleased with it, especially
considering the low cost.  The display is excellent -- not quite
Retina-like, but close enough.  It's smaller than the iPad (6.5x8 in) and
has an 8-in diagonal screen vs 9.5 for the iPad.  The OS (v.3.2) is much
improved since the last one I tried and is quite well-behaved and
user-friendly (and looks good too).  Build quality rivals the iPhone --
excellent.  Looking at photos on it is very pleasing (stunning, actually)
and it would be a great way to present a portfolio if size isn't important.
 Not to be compared with the iPads but for the price I'm very happy with
it.  It even has decent sound without phones.  Anybody itching to try a tab
should check it out.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE