Subject: [Leica] Now sensor cleaning supplies...IMG: Santa Barbara Sunset
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:09:25 +1000
References: <CAAsXt4Mjea_3Q-isFu92OdY1gN=Xfm6QKKdhYyvp+3gzdN9PiQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6yNuqvTxgkp3jGHhcwewsLUkELkMWCYgqYAYPEUmAh7g@mail.gmail.com> <7FC2AB09-2C94-449F-9A05-6D14FE36BD21@gmail.com> <CAF8hL-H5jYzLjQoW_fZNVoPd3L0=0x1Q-_qq6vSzssP=JHfPfw@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF7fCpar5PCo0xyLdRJ0jp3uuq5p8GqP2ytU-EQuZ0zgsQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-FSDrXS-mC+kzts2oOeXxPCu7goCNFc=VfDr4hP0WnwhQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-HwksLkMW-S1bWph_3nsR9C4xMGZO7=e36diZfm5WyuhA@mail.gmail.com> <1CC7EDA6-432B-4D6C-A818-30721F978C26@gmail.com>

Yes. Vital that any loose particles are removed before any wet cleaning. A
hand blower for example.
My Arctic Butterfly brush died very young (terminal lack of spinnitis).
High tech fibre bristles attached to a cheap plastic handle with
battery innards like a disposable toy (for spinning the bristles prior to
use for static purposes). I replaced it with the Brush Off which is from
the same people that make the Eclipse fluid and swabs.
You need this stuff for your M9 anyway of course. I guess the same swabs
for your P45+ ? Unless they have some specific recommendations for cleaning
their products?
 BHPhoto were far cheaper than direct last time I bought. There are
transport restrictions on the Eclipse fluid to consider.
The Photosol site has good info (and videos) as well as the product
listings.
http://www.photosol.com/store/pc/home.asp

Cheers,
Geoff