Subject: [Leica] Titanic and Kennedy
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:35:30 -0600

I'll never forget the Kennedy moment.  I was 22 years old and just 2 months
out of dental school, working at my first job as a school dentist in rural
SW Virginia, a coal-mining region.  It was a nice fall day and I had a
patient in my portable folding dental chair, with the window open nearby.
 The school secretary was walking by outside and saw me through the window.
 She called out "Did you hear about Kennedy getting shot in Dallas?"  She
was always cracking jokes and I misunderstood as saying "Did you hear the
one about Kennedy...?"  I laughed and said "No, what is it?"  She then
clarified what she said, and I simply couldn't believe something like that
could happen -- it seemed impossible.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE