Subject: [Leica] Third party M to X adapter
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:17:42 +0100

David Keenan <ausdlk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just don't understand the insistence of so many to force their M lenses
> onto the XP1... Or any other manual focus len(es) for that matter.
>
> No matter what adapter one uses (the Shogun adapter that Howard describes
> or Fuji's own) this is all a complete exercise in futility -- or vanity.
>
> The Fuji lenses are excellent by most accounts and very reasonably priced.
>
> What other reason can there be other then vanity?
> <snip>...
> My XP1 will never see an adapter -- and my M lenses will stay where they
> belong, and excel, on my M9.

Have you not considered the possibility that not everyone can afford a
digital Leica M, but maybe has some lenses still kicking around from
their film days and would like to make use of them again?  Or the fact
that there are only three lenses currently for the Fuji and not many
more than that for the Sony NEX?  All cameras systems have there
compromises, but most here would agree that Leica M lenses produce the
best results in many situations, so why not try to use them on other
systems?

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Third party M to X adapter)